Are you a hardworking, enthusiastic team player? Smith Industries Ltd. is a fast paced, industry leading manufacturer of truck mounted vacuum systems. We offer competitive wages, benefits and a good work environment. Smith Industries is looking for experienced go-getters in the following positions:
Smith Industries Ltd. is a dynamic, mature company that has manufactured and serviced truck mounted vacuum units across North America for over 35 years.
We are known for high quality and reliable products and are proudly family owned and operated. Our company offers long term career opportunities and competitive benefits. If you are looking to be part of an ambitious, skilled and hardworking team who manufactures a unique product join us today!
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team in a fast-paced environment in the following positions:
The Office Manager is at the heart of the Smith Industries team. Maintaining strong customer service and supplier relationships you will also be an active participant in supporting the manufacturing team. This is a unique and diverse position that supports a wide variety of tasks within the company and will require someone who is flexible, adaptable, a strong time manager, loves people and has positive attitude.
The Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of AR/AP, payroll/benefits administration, and accounting. In addition, this position will be the gatekeeper to ensure that departments follow inspection and safety protocols, organize supporting paperwork and assist with work orders. This position can be fast paced and is involved in an array of tasks from general reception and accounting duties to helping at the parts desk or assisting with social media.
We are looking for an experienced skilled labourer in our assembly department. This position is a critical and important part of our team so EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY. Proven experience with hydraulics, general mechanics and/or automotive electrical systems is an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist with the installation of new equipment on service bodies
• General assembly of truck mounted vacuum equipment
A critical role in our assembly and service department, this position is a leader within the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Installation of new equipment on service bodies
• Diagnose and repair hydraulic and electrical systems
• Repair vacuum pumps and blowers (on-sight training provided)
Non-repetitive welding, building truck mounted vacuum systems in our manufacturing department for a variety of applications.
Duties, Responsibilities and Required Skills/Experience
• Ability to follow safe work practices
• Proven ability to read and understand shop drawing and blueprints
• Proven ability to safely operate hand power tools, cutting torch, welding machines, etc.
• Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of equipment such as
• Ability to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions
• Well organized team player
• Flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities
• Pride in maintenance and care of equipment
• Can work under minimum supervision
• Enjoys working independently and as part of a team